Autofocus on a Meade 10" ACF using JMI motofocus and PC focus controller - anyone have one

I have a Meade 10" ACF SCT with a JMI motofocus motor and JMI PC focus controller for autofocus. I also have the JMI motofocus and JMI PC focus 2 for my ORION EON 115mm crayford. I have the autofocus on the APO working well with good V-curves, but it has very little backlash. The Meade SCT has both image shift and backlash. I have seen post showing success with the Celestron SCTs and other focusers for the main mirror focus. Has anyone been able to get SGP to autofocus on the Meade SCT? I have a crayford for the SCT, but I cant use it with my focal reducer so I want to get the mirror focuser automated. I can easily move the focuser manually through the ASCOM interface so it is clearly talking to the focuser.

Thanks,

Cfosterstars

If it’s an absolute focuser (stepper motor) then SGP should be able to control it just fine. You’ll need some amount of backlash compensation in SGP ( you want the final move to move against gravity). But other than that everything should work fine. Personally I don’t have any experience with it though.

Thanks,
Jared