AutoFocus Stalls Out

Win 10
SGP 3.0.3.198
Atik 4.2.0.7
MicroTouch 1.3.0.0

Hi Group,

On occasion, while doing a manual initial AF routine, the system hangs and I must use Task Manager to force a shutdown . This behavior started within the last 12 months and might occur 30% of the time. I don’t recall this happening once the automation starts, although it may have.

I’ve attached the SGP log in which this has occurred. Everything starts out well but then the connection is lost on line: 06/28/19 21:38:25.394.

The MicroTouch autofocuser handset/microprocessor and Atik 383L+ mono camera are connected to the output of the iOptron internal (non powered) USB hub by way of USB2 cables, 3’ long.
The MicroTouch handset is connected to its focuser mounted stepper via a phone handset style cable, 3’ long.
The input to the iOptron CEM120 USB2 hub is connected to the Win 10 desktop with a 10" long USB2 cable.

This setup has worked flawlessly until earlier this year.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Mark
sg_logfile_20190628212738.txt (175.3 KB)

The “inability to close the auto focus window” issue has been addressed in the Beta.

Thank you,
Jared

Thanks Jared,
that will help.

Do you have a suggestion on why the AF routine stopped prior to finishing out?

Mark

Hi Mark,

there is a problem when SGP tries to talk to the focuser:

Try to activate logging in the ASCOM-driver of the focuser (if available) as it might give some more information. You may also look inside the windows Event viewer / Windows Logs / System for USB related errors.

Also, try another USB cable for the focuser and/or another USB port and/or another USB Hub.

And last but not least, try to contact the focuser driver author and ask if there is a newer version and/or if the driver is multitasking resilient.

Kind regards,
Horia

Thanks Horia,

all good suggestions.

Mark