Camera cooler swiches off unnecessarily

When I have the ‘camera cooler on connect’ item selected I am still finding warning messages when I don’t expect them:
1 - I set a 10 sec delay before the first exposure and then when it started, the cooler switched off" and remained off for 10 seconds - highly unwanted!
2 - when I changed over to another pre-prepared sequence, the warning came up that this would switch the camera cooler off.

Surely this is not necessary, in fact its not wanted.

BTW, as reported earlier, the camera is losing connection with SGP for no apparent reason - see log file previously sent.

Lawrence Harris

I have just found the screen dump that I took showing (1) control panel set to cool on camera connect (it remains connected all session, and also (2) the cooler has switched off without instruction, and offering to switch it back on if I will tell it what settings to use…

Can anyone please tell me what is going on? Please note the above post was 22 days ago.

Lawrence Harris

The camera cooler turned off for 10 seconds? How do you know that?

I just verified that switching between 2 sequences that use the same camera does not produce a warning. I think this is a result of fixing another bug that was not entirely related to the one you noted… should be out in the next beta.

Thanks. I look forward to the beta. I knew that my observation was valid because it was reproducible. I watched the camera warming up during the 10-sec delay (!) and intervened to stop it collecting images while warming up. I should have written ‘minimum of 10 secs’. Cancelling the sequence is an utter pain when everything else is fine.

The bug caused me to again carefully check that the camera sequences were identically set up - and I did a screen dump showing the bug.

regards

Lawrence

[Ken] Ken http://forum.mainsequencesoftware.com/users/ken Founder &
Developer
April 28

Lawrence:

1 - I set a 10 sec delay before the first exposure and then when
it started, the cooler switched off" and remained off for 10 seconds

The camera cooler turned off for 10 seconds? How do you know that?

Forgot to add - the error message told me that the camera’s cooling
would switch off if I changed sequences - despite the sequence having
the same camera.

This query about the camera cooling switching off was raised by me in April. I am puzzled that as of mid-August it has still apparently not been fixed. Should I be moving over to the beta - regardless of the warning that I shouldn’t!

Lawrence

I contacted the manufacturer of the camera and he told me that the hardware is wired to switch off the cooler during downloads so if a continuous stream of downloads are required, one should set a delay of a few seconds between them. This does not affect merely changing schedules …

Lawrence Harris