I’ve upgraded to the latest version of SGP (188.8.131.52) on my Windows 10 laptop and found a problem capturing with my Canon EOS 100D DSLR.
SGP connects to the camera OK, and LiveView works for frame & focus, but still images fail to download. SGP just hangs at the “downloading…” message.
I have tried to capture an image via “Frame & Focus” and from a sequence with the same result. I either have to stop the frame & focus or abort the sequence.
I have checked the USB cable, removed hubs etc., and the fact that SGP connects to the camera and live view is working implies the problem is not just a simple connectivity issue.
I have tried the following:
- Created a new sequence - ensuring there are write-premissions to the download directory.
- Created a new equipment profile adding “Canon EOS” as the camera choice
- Tested both RAW CR2 image and the default FITS-compatible image format.
- Done a clean install on a new Windows 7 machine and tried all of the above.
- Installed Canon EOS utility and successfully captured an image and downloaded to the PC with the same cables etc. - so no fundamental problem with the camera that I can see.
Are there any known issues with Canon DSLRs on v 2.5.1? I can’t positively say that it was working with previous version I had 2.5.x - but it was working a couple of months ago when I last used this camera, possibly on a version 2.4.x installation.