Can't get email/text notifications to work

I’m a new user (1 day!) with SGP, and although it was easy enough to get just about everything working and take images last night, I can’t seem to get the notification system to work. I’ve tried two different mail servers (both of which I have accounts on) and have run into errors on both of them. All credentials are entered correctly and I know that my accounts work since I can send and receive email normally. The errors:

On Apple Mail/iCloud, when I click the test button I get the following message from the server: “Mailbox unavailable. The server response was 5.7.0 From addresses is not one of your addresses”. No idea what this is or how to correct it, and I get it when trying to send email to myself as well as sending a text message to my phone using the test button.

I next tried GMail and got the following error message: “The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was 5.5.1 Authentication required. Learn more at”. This looks more like a security issue, but I am using SSL and have also enabled ‘less than secure’ apps on GMail.

All smtp ports are correct, SSL is set for both, user name and password work in regular email programs, so I’m stumped. Any idea what my next steps might be to try to get this going? The idea of email and/or text messages from SGP for status events is a great one, and I would really like to get this working.

• Ken

Afraid I can’t be of much help for Apple stuff. They may not allow it. For gmail, I would suggest getting a new account just for SGPro, because you will need to make it less secure to work properly. Probably don’t want to do this to your actual email address:
https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

Thanks for the info, Ken. I did have things set up to be less secure, but apparently Google turns this off after a while if it isn’t used. I turned it back on and the test worked! Didn’t get a text message, but at least the dialog box said it was successful, so that’s a start.

Thanks again.