Change request numbering from 1 to 9 , in 01 to 09

request for modification of file numbering. SGP when capturing frames numbers them 1 xxx, 2 xxx, 3 xxx and so on. Programs like Pixinsight don’t recognize this method, and putting the file 1 xxx, after the file 19 xxx !! it would suffice for SGP to number files from 1 to 9, in 01 to 09. Thanks

This is kinda already in SGP, it will just be 0001, 0002, 0003 etc so maybe a little too long?
Use filename modifier: %fz

1 Like

Good Idea…

Or, in SGP’s ‘Options’ we could pick the numbering system we want, that way you keep SGP’s default
way of doing things and you get the benefit of other options to satisfy other applications like Pixinsight .(which I also use)

EDIT…Did’nt see Xplode’s comment before submitting mine

Paul

There is a naming token that can number files 0001, 0002 etc. I think it might be %fz but I’m not sure. I use this and PI recognizes the numbers correctly.

1 Like

It is %fz for NNNN and I use it too. It works perfectly in PI. If you don’t want zero fill, use %fn.

Great tip - I had the same problem as well - could this maybe be set as the default in future versions?

I think that’s a good idea, maybe something could be added so the amount of leading zeros could be changed too for people that won’t image more than 100 frames per target?

In versions after 3.1.0.390, %fz has been retired in favor of %04. If you have %fz in a bunch of your stuff it will continue to work as normal. In addition %03 and %02 tokens have been added an use the same type of 0-based padding, but padded to 3 digits and 2 digits respectively.

%04 is now the default.

2 Likes

Nice. Well done Ken. Little flexibilities like this are appreciated.

1 Like