Couple of bugs with 258 beta

Hi guys, for some reason I couldn’t create topic in Bugs section, so I post it here.
First one I believe is really simple: I have created sequence with LLRGB rotation and set to dither every 5 frame. But, SGP will dither after G, meaning, after 4th frame and not after 5th. I remember it wasn’t so in previous releases.

The second one is a little bit messed up. I have created two sequences, one with Target and Second with Flats. Now, i have to pause after Target sequence to prepare my scope for Flats and then continue with Flats sequence. So, I was in front of my laptop and watched as my last Light frame started exposure. I clicked on that Event and marked to Pause in Post sequence.
After last Light exposure ended, a popup message appeared with asking to Ok for Pause or Cancel to continue. I clicked on Ok to Pause and then the weird stuff. SGP took another Light frame (with L filter still set), but, with exposure of Flat frame, named it as Flat and put it in Flats folder. The sequence paused.
I prepared my scope with Flat panel and clicked to resume and SGP went to taking Flats.

Something similar happened later with Flats. My Flats sequence was in LGBR order. So I have to pause after last B flat taken to remove the filter from my Flat panel and then continue.
So I clicked the B event and marked Pause in Post sequence. I watched as my last B flat exposure ended and same message appeared, Ok to Pause, cancel to Continue.
I clicked Ok, the SGP took another B frame (with B filter still set), but, with exposure of R flat, then renamed it as R flat and put it in R flats directory. Then sequence Paused.

Both issues are easily repeatable, but if you would need log anyway, I can upload.
Regards,
Sergio

@AstroScience

Thx for the report. A log and the sgf would be great… with those I won’t have to ask any questions. Thx for the detailed write up.

Hi Ken,
sure, here are the files:

Thank you!
Sergio

Hi Ken,

I’ve been watching the release notes of the latest betas that were released in last couple of days, but
I didn’t see any mention about the issues I have reported in this thread.
Have they been fixed?

Thank you!

@AstroScience

No, these had not been fixed… I left them off the list somehow. They will be fixed in SGPro versions > 3.1.0.289 I think?

I do think these changes will address the issues you saw, but when I followed your recreation steps for the event pause, it was indeed broke, but in a different way than you described. It is fixed and tested though.

For the dither issue, I am unable to reproduce on 3.1.0.289. Using the sequence you provided, dither occurred every time after “B”. There might have been an issue if you had run a sequence and then opened or created a new sequence before running this one. If that’s true, then this has been fixed.

Hi Ken,
alright, i’ll keep tracking the “pause” issue next time with new beta.
Regarding the dither, yes, it was after filter B which was 4th filter, but in dither setting i have set every 5,
so it should have dither after R.
The sequence was opened only once in the beginning of the night, no other sequences were created nor opened before this one. Anyway, I’ll keep track and report if i’ll see this issue again.

Thank you!