Debayer issues

Mark,

in order that alignment works correctly, CFA images of a DSLR camera or an OSC camera always have to be debayered (to yield a RGB image) before the alignment step. I don’t know DSS (I am using PixInsight, and Vince wrote that he does too). In PixInsight you can execute the steps separately and nobody prevents you from doing it in a wrong sequence. If DSS performs these steps in sequence automatically, it will perform them in the correct order, just as it did before.

Bernd

Hi,
Bernd is absolutely right for me. Debayer before Align makes a lot of difference to the image. I still end up with a red cast but it is even across each frame instead of a multi-coloured image.
Mark for the flats issue I am unsure it will make a lot of difference but I will try to do a new set of flats and see if it will solve the problem completely. I can’t comment on DSS as I use Pixinsight. I never had this problem when I was using the ASI071. It only started when I use the Pro version.
You are absolutely correct that discussion needs to move to ZWO forum as I honestly don’t think it has anything to do with SGP.
Thanks again.
Vince

www.mainsequencesoftware.com