Failure to connect to Gemini 2

Hi I’m new to forum and currently on first day of 45 day trial. So far my camera (Moravian Instruments G2-8300, Robofocus and PHD2 I can all get to function but when attempting to link my Gemini 2 controller via ethernet connection I cannot create a profile

When attempting to create equipment profile I find that when I select the Gemini Net then settings I get the following error
Failed due to error 800702e4. The requested operation requires elevation. ( Exception from HRESULT:0x800702E4).
At this point SGPro either shuts down or screen freezes
On looking through forum I saw I was working in accordance with suggestions on site i.e. opening Gemini Ascom Driver (entries dated Aug 14) and trying link that way. I know my system is ok as I currently use FocusMax as the hub and Gemini links fine through that. I have the latest Gemini firmware loaded ( 12th March 17 ) and Gemini Ascom driver (1.0.72.0). Not sure if the error code is SGPro or Gemini and I will follow-up on Gemini 2 forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ian Martin

Turns out I needed to run SG Pro as administrator. Issue now resolved. Thanks to Paul on Gemini II forum

Ian

@IanM

In general, this is not a good idea. You may be able to connect to Gemini with this, but it will more than likely create more problems than it solves We have many Gemini users that do not need to run SGPro in admin… I’m not sure why you would need admin rights to connect with Gemini…

Ken,

Thanks for input. It turns out that I needed to have SGP run as admin as all other programs I was running were run as admin. This included Gemini, TSX, FocusMax and Maxim &PHD2. I can’t recall now why I had this setup in first place (been running it for a few years now) but for some reason it was required. If my trial is successful and I change to SGP then I can delete run as admin.

Regards

Ian