Filenames - including gain/offset

Is it possible to include the gain and offset within the filename? If so how? If not, could this be considered. As a user of the ZWO cameras which have variable gain and offset, it would be useful to include these in the filename as you already can for ISO. It would make matching lights with appropriate darks much easier.

Unfortunately not for ASCOM cameras (which the ZWO is one of). I’m fairly certain these values are not available to us.

Thanks,
Jared

The ASCOM interface does have a Gain property and an ElectronsPerADU property but not offset.

That is correct. But very few drivers actually implement them.

Thanks
Jared

I just type in the gain and offset in the “Suffix” field to the right of the filter field. Since I change gain and offset all the time, I agree automating this would be a very useful feature, but it is easy to get the information in the image file name.

Larry

I will be adding capability to create your own items in the SGPro suffix drop down menus to make stuff like this easier.

Me too, but it’s not worthwhile at the moment. I am not aware of a single ASCOM driver that implements Gain.

1 Like

Unless you’re doing this VERY often it may be easier to add it to the filename parameters. That way you only have to do it once.

Jared

Now you can set the gain per event, would it be possible to add the gain value to the filename?

I am using the ZWO ASI1600 gain and offset settings but the values are not appearing at the filename.
What am I doing wrong?

image image

Jared any idea?

Should be addressed with the latest SGP3 release.

Thanks,
Jared