Filter wheel settings

Does a filter wheel have to be connected in order to import the names of the filters into the equipment profile? I have a Starlight Xpress FW and the settings will not import. An error pops up concerning connection to the filter wheel. However when going to “settings”, the names are clearly there in the filter wheel software settings. Also there are no filters available in the drop down list for setting up light frame capture parameters, which is what lead me to investigate this in the first place. It’s not a big deal to connect it and continue with what I was doing… just wanted to know if this is how it’s supposed to work. I would think SGP should be able to grab the settings from the driver without a connection to the equipment. Also, I thought I had done this a while ago and saved the parameters with the equipment profile but the info was not in the profile when I looked today.

Thanks,

Ciao,
Mel

Maybe? I don’t know… all I can say is that when asking for the filter list from ASCOM without the device in a connected state returns an error.