Flats Calibration Wizard Problem

While preparing for a talk about SGP I ran into an issue with the Flats Calibration Wizard where it crashes SGP with the Windows message - Sequence Generator has stopped working…
When I open the Flats Calibration Wizard and then choose a profile I get the warning about continuing will open a new sequence. If I click OK it will crash every time.
The 2 computers I have tried this on are not the observatory computer so they have no hardware connected.
It happens with both 2.5.2.5 and 2.5.2.6
sg_logfile_20161107195117.txt (22.3 KB)

Clear Skies

Mick

@Cosmick

Seems like something possibly specific to the QSI driver install. I cannot reproduce the issue. Was your camera and CFW connected when this happened? Can you share the profile you are loading?

Neither of the computers I tried this on have ever had any hardware connected although they do have all the hardware drivers installed.
I was just looking at the Flats Calibration Wizard as one of the features for a talk I will be giving at my astronomy club. There will be no hardware attached to the computer during the talk.
I realise now that the Flats Calibration Wizard tries to connect to the camera and filter wheel as soon as the profile is loaded. Would be nice though if instead of crashing the program it popped up a message like - ‘Hey stupid you can’t take flats without a camera’ :wink:

The attached profile was created using the profile conversion tool as it was originally made in 2.4

Quattro_ZWOGuider_QSI532_@-20.zip (6.8 KB)

Clear Skies

Mick

Right, this is obviously the intended behavior. When I say, I can’t reproduce it, I mean that when I select a profile that has a QSI camera and CFW selected, but not connected, SGPro realizes they are not connected by failing to link and skips that step (no crashing involved). The crash seem to occur when SGPro attempts to query the QSI driver for this status.

I will attempt with your actual profile.

Thanks for looking at this but if it is something peculiar to my setup don’t worry too much about it.
When giving the talk I will use the excellent page from the help file to show how the Flats Calibration Wizard works.

Clear Skies

Mick

@Cosmick

Mick,

Sorry, Even using your actual profile and no camera connected, SGPro just states there was an error connecting to the camera and continues on…

What might be interesting is to make a similar profile, but use the ASCOM camera and CFW simulators instead of the QSI. If this works (without crashing), it will answer at least one question.

Thanks for that hint. I tried different profiles with the Ascom, FLI and Sbig camera and filter wheel and they all worked exactly as you said, without a crash.
I download and reinstalled the latest QSI drivers and tried again and after about 10 seconds it popped up with the unable to connect message and no crash. :smiley:
Both computers had been upgraded to Win10 a few weeks ago and it appears that something happened to the QSI drivers during the upgrade as the QSI camera software was not listed as available for uninstall but the files were in the ‘Program Files’ folder. So it appears that selecting the profile with the QSI camera and not having the drivers properly installed was causing the crash. As no hardware has ever been connected the problem did not manifest until now.
Sorry for the trouble and sarcasm and thanks for your patience and help.

Clear Skies

Mick

PS: Just tried on the computer at work and it works as expected once the QSI drivers are re-installed but crashes if I uninstall the drivers and then choose the profile with the QSI camera.

Using this I can set up a profile that allows full access to the Flats Calibration Wizard for the demonstration. :joy:
Thanks again.

Clear Skies

Mick