Focus Routing Consistantly Knocking Out Communication with ASI 183

I seem to be having two problems with SGP. The focus routine is failing and it is somehow knocking me off of my connection with my ASI 183. I spent hours trying to see what is going on. I previously posted the question in the form of connectivity with ASI 183 and included the sequence and the log and it was utterly ignored.

Anyone else having problems with connectivity to ASI 183 in any circumstance or associated with focusing?

Sorry to hear of the trouble Emilio, and unfortunately I don’t have any fixes. I know that there have been some communication issues in the past with ASI cameras, but this seems more unique to your system somehow.

When you say that the autofocus routine is failing, what do you mean?

You imply that the autofocus is knocking out the connection to the camera. I know you have explored all the USB issues (cable, hub etc), but I’m wondering what else is using the USB bus that is potentially causing a bottleneck and losing the connection. I don’t really know what I’m talking about here…but are you trying this with just the camera, mount and SGP and nothing else connected?