Free version assessment

Hi everyone,
I am new to Main Sequence software because my new laptop is a windows 10 laptop. Along with Terry Hancock’s recommendation. If I can get these bugs worked out I will purchase the permentent license but need everyone’s guidance. I installed the test version of Main Sq. 2.6.0.8.and I have a few questions and am looking for help while assessing the software.
Firstly my equipment;
-Parallax HD150c mount controlled with Astrophysics
-using a QSI 660 as the main imaging camera
-7" Mak newtonian for imaging with Feathertouch microtouch focuser and electronics
-66mm guidescope-using a SBIG st2000xm as guider with moonlite focuser and hi-rez stepper motor.
-Optec Pyxis LE rotator
-TheSky 6
-PHD-for guiding. Never used before used to use CCDSoftv5 but CCDSoftV5 does not seem to be working correctly in a w10 environment.

Here are my questions. In the assessment version of Main Seq version 2.6.0.8:

1-when I launch Main Seq I get a Splash form error. "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application…"
I click on continue and the program launches. Is this because it is the 45 day test version?

2-in the equipment profile manager the focuser tab and the telescope tabs are inaccessible. Is this just in the test version?

3-also in the equipment profile the program does not see my Pyxis LE rotator and I cannot add it. I do have Optecs drivers installed. Need help here.

4-Also I noticed that I cannot open any images in Main Seq.

I love the interface and the overall cost of the permanent license and it will save me hundreds of dollars versus competive software but I need help working through these startups to ensure full integration. Many thanks.

Danny

No, that is not normal. We would probably need logs to figure that one out (more info at the bottom if you are interested)

No. The beta / trial have no restrictions. In the title bar of the main window does it say “Sequence Generator Pro” or “Sequence Generator Lite”?

You will need the ASCOM driver (in addition to the one you have already installed). http://adgsoftware.com/

SGPro opens almost any image. What kind are you trying to open?

When I launch SGP I get a splash form Registry Access.New-Unexpected Exception. Below is the details. But until I fix this I cannot properly run the software. Can you please help?

I wish I could. I have no idea what that is from though… Sorry.

Where do I find the SGP log files? I would really love to get this program working in full.
Dan

Ken
I found the log file from my latest attempt to launch the program.

@fender254786

Looks like you managed to install SGPro without installing the ASCOM platform. The installer is supposed to prevent this from happening. We will need to test it again.

You can find ASCOM below. SGP requires it and the installer should not have continued without it. We’ll have to see what is going on there.

http://www.ascom-standards.org/Downloads/Index.htm

Thanks,
Jared

The ASCOM platform 6.1 was installed on the computer prior to installing
SGP.

One interesting point the computer, that SGP was installed, it has w10
installed natively not an upgraded version.

On a slightly older laptop that was upgraded from W7 to W10, SGP was
installed and the program works fine. And it did not have the Ascom Platform
installed.

Hi Jared,
Prior to installing sgp I had installed the latest Ascom platform. I still cannot get the software to operate properly. I am having the identical issues as initially outlined above. Can anyone help?
Dan

Dan,
That’s quite strange. Can you provide any additional information about the error you’re seeing? Maybe a screenshot of the exception or the lot from the windows system logs?

Also if you can include any SGP log that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jared

May want to try this:

• Remove Any ASCOM Drivers you installed from Add/Remove Programs.
  • Remove ASCOM Platform from Add/Remove Programs.
  • Remove Sequence Generator Pro from Add/Remove Programs
  • Open the “Add Windows Features” control panel.
  • Look for .Net Framework 3.5 and make sure the box is checked, if not, check the box and allow it to install.
  • Install ASCOM Platform 6.3 from http://download.ascom-standards.org/ASCOMPlatform63.exe
  • Install all of your ASCOM Drivers for your devices.
  • Install Sequence Generator Pro from http://mainsequencesoftware.com/Releases

Then test it out.

sgpsplashform.txt (10.7 KB)

Jared,
I have attached a screenshot of the splashform when I launch SGP. Additionally, I copied the details if the splashform into a notepad .trxt file for your review. Finally, I am including the SGP log file.
Ken recommended removing all ASCOM drivers, then remove the ASCOM platform along with checking .NET Framework. I checked the .NNET Framework 3.5 and it is enabled. I do not want to uninstall all the drivers as everything works perfectly on its own and with the SKY6.
If you can review the attachments I would appreciate your help.
Dan

sg_logfile_20170304103944.txt (19.6 KB)

I’m having the exact same issues: unhandled exception, focuser not enabled and telescope not enabled. Asus laptop with W10. I notice there hasn’t been a reply since March, has anything been resolved?
Kent