GNS with Delayed Sequence Start

I may be missing something obvious, but I can’t seem to make GNS not timeout and alert while waiting for the sequence to start.

I push “Run Sequence” at around 9:30pm. The first target comes into position at 11:00 when the sequence actually starts. A few minutes after 9:30 my phone starts hooting with a timeout error.

I have all GNS notification items checked. I get an “UP” under commuincations status. I think it’s just that there is no timeout active while the sequence is waiting to start. I really don’t want to have to set an alarm to wake up just to start GNS …

Any ideas, fellow GNS users?

– Shane

Hi Shane,

one thing you can do, once the session is started, and SGPro is just waiting, from the windows command line, run an update for the GNS (such as update “Still waiting” 5700).

The proper fix is inside SGPro, but while that happens this is an easy workaround.

Hope this helps!

jaime

PS: just in case, the way to run that update is explained in the users’ manual, same thing you do when first testing the system.

Thanks Jaime! I didn’t think of that.

– Shane

OK, to close the loop on the work-around for those of use that are running Win10.

You can execute the following from the directory in which GNS is installed:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cscript.exe update.vbs "Manual Delay" 14400
That will give you a 4 hour delay (14400 secs).

It is interesting that in Windows 10 you can’t simply run update.vbs directly from the command prompt. You need the 32-bit cscript.exe that lives in the sysWOW64 directory rather than the 64-bit cscript.exe that lives in the System32 directory…

– Shane