Help me diagnose this problem with my QSI filter wheel in SGP?

Hi All,

I am now desperate! Please help!

I am having a problem with my QSI 683 wsg-8. At first, I was getting an unusual artefact on my images when I used the Ha filter which I reported [here]

(Please tell me what this artefact is on a 15s sub using a Ha filter; many thanks. - Beginning Deep Sky Imaging - Cloudy Nights).

While investigating this issue I took the cover off and reseated the filter wheel (I noticed the filter wheel position was not perfect and I think the artefact was coming from light leaking through a small hole adjacent to the filter).

I decided to connect the camera to SGP and watched the filters move as I selected them i.e cover off. I noticed that if the filter wheel position was set in the control panel of SGP as Red, and I reseated the wheel carefully with the Red filter in position, I could go move through the filters in sequence as expected i.e. in the order I specified in the SGP equipement profile except position 8:

1. Red
  2. Green
  3. Blue
  4. Luminance
  5. Ha
  6. OIII
  7. SII
  8. Empty

It seems to completely ignore position 8 (See figure 1 attached).

I looked at the QSI FW driver settings and it showed only 7 FW slots. So this seems to be central to the issue. I uninstalled ASCOM, QSI drivers and SGP and reinstalled them.

When I returned to the QSI FW driver settings, I now had 8 positions in the drop down but only 7 listed. See figure 2 attached. From the panel, I could move to position 8, but from the control panel in SGP, again, no movement when I select position 8.

I should add that the FW works fine in Maxim; but the native QSI driver for Maxim is a separate entity when you download the native QSI drivers so it seems perfectly feasible that Maxim could work, but SGP cannot.

Does this issue resonate with any QSI owners? - is there something obvious I have missed?

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Many thanks,

Simon

Sorry, have not seen this before. What does QSI say about it?

I had some issues with both my 690 and 683. I only use the “Define Filter list” in SGP to assign my filters to the correct position and to set what exposure I want with each filter when using auto focus.

If you give me a little more infor maybe I can help you. I only shoot QSI.

Sean

Same here - I have the 683wsg and do the same as h2opolo. I ignore the ASCOM settings and just put in the filter details into SGP.