Incorrect image on plate solving

Just had a very frustrating night with SGP. Plate solving would not work to start off, I was getting an error massage whenever I searched for M97, (I am using Plate solve 2 and it was working fine before). So I tried a different target, just to see what would happen, I tried the Orion nebula and the image came up correctly. So I tried M 97 again and the image came up ad the Orion nebula!!. No matter what target I entered an image of the orion nebula would come up. Even when I tried to plate solve with previous images of M97, the only image I would get back was the orion nebula. This is despite the fact that the RA and Dec on the would always come up pointing correctly to the desired object.

Help please. Here is a link to the log

Please can anyone help. It has now started working again normally. I don’t know why it is playing up. I havent changed anything but it seems to be incredibly unreliable.

I mentioned this on CN but I’ll post it here too. This is a total guess, but try clearing the cache of downloaded image files and restart SGP. It won’t hurt to reinstall SGP but I don’t think that’s the issue. Glad it’s working again.

I don’t believe this is due to plate solving. If I understand correctly you’re attempting to pull M97 with the Framing and Mosaic Wizard? I was attempting this last night and also having issues. It seems like it was something with the SkyView service that was having issues but it does seem to be working now. It eventually pulled it for me last night as well (in a browser window, not through SGP) but it took about 20 minutes. Today it is much snappier.

Thank you,
Jared

Thanks but I wasn’t using blind solving so with the directories on my computer and not over the internet then why would SkyView have affected things.

From the log you’ve posted it appears that you’re using the Framing and Mosaic Wizard, is this correct? The Framing and Mosaic Wizard always pulls images from the internet and not locally (and doesn’t use any plate solving). If that’s not an accurate description of what you’re doing please outline the step by step process you’re using so I can better understand where the issue may lay.

Thank you,
Jared