Issue With Beta .242

I can say that I had the same (Sticking splash screen and the warnings that topboxman mentions) on my home computer - this is where I download new Betas just to see how they go before moving the Beta onto my observatory laptop.

I just knew that it was because I did not have a proper profile on the desktop computer and indeed no actual sequence set up on it either.

I transferred a sequence over from the laptop to the desktop (opened it from SGP) and then saved it on the desktop computer and ticked the box that SGP would open the previous sequence when starting.

I restarted SGP (.245 at this stage) - and NO error warnings - it just opened (that imported sequence) normallyā€¦that had sorted the problem.

Unsure if there is anything of use in that little rambleā€¦but hope it might point to where the problem lies. just to add - all is OK for me nowā€¦I donā€™t have the problem anymore.

@Kinch
I did the same and yes the error went away.
And if I untick ā€œload last sequence on startā€ it comes back:)

Here ist the content of my " C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Sequence Generator Pro": Sequence Generator Pro.zip (42.0 KB)

Uwe

@Barni Thxā€¦ Iā€™ll look shortly

Here you go:

Peter

I did something unusual that created a different error message.

I checked both boxes inside a target box at top left (M42 Orion and betterListViewItem2) and then click on ā€œXā€ to delete these two items and it popped an error message. These two items appear to be defaults because I had ā€œLoad last sequence on startā€ checkbox unchecked and may have been accidentally left in when you released the latest version of SGP.

This is with ā€œLoad last sequence on startā€ unchecked.

Peter

OK. I was able to fix the startup error message by checking the check box for ā€œLoad last sequence on startā€ and saved the sequence. I then closed SGP and restarted SGP and it works fine. Then I unchecked the check box for ā€œLoad last sequence on startā€ and saved the sequence. The error messages came back again after next SGP startup. Just like Barni said.

So the option for ā€œLoad last sequence on startā€ unchecked seems to be the culprit.

Peter

@topboxman @Barni

This issue has been addressed. It affected profiles that overrode the default sample size for Auto Focus. Fix coming shortly.

Thank you very much Ken. I apologize for my first post of this thread about ā€œcalm downā€. Sorry about that.

Peter

1 Like

@topboxman

All is good. In your defense, these last betas have made some changes that were due a long time ago. There really is no great time to introduce (internal) change like this, but I can assure you SGPro will stabilize quickly.

@martin_h

I scoured the logs last night to try and infer what was going on with the second shutdown. A combination of us not logging enough info (247 logs more) and not having access to your cloudwatcher logs left me in a spot where I am really having to guess what is going onā€¦

I think that what happened is that your safety monitor reported UNSAFE, SGPro shut down. During the shutdown processā€¦ parking, etc, Your monitor reported SAFE. This put SGPro in a spot where it had not yet reached the point where it makes a decision on restart, decided you were no longer actually in an UNSAFE shutdown state, and just killed the sequence (like a normal sequence abort). 3.1.0.247 should address the issueā€¦ if it doesnā€™t there is better logging.

Many thanks for that, will download and give it a test tonight. I did think my second unsafe might have been due to a transient comms glitch, because looking at the Solo graphs there wasnā€™t a unsafe weather condition.

Hi Ken,

Your fix works pretty well. Found a slight and very minor cosmetic issue as shown below:

Notice the bottom of the ā€œOptionsā€ window is slightly cutoff. No big deal.

Peter

I am not seeing this graphics cutoff issue with my Intel i7 desktop. The issue I am having is with my older but robust HP Envy i5 laptop which was a cheap laptop from BestBuy. This is my first time seeing this. I wonder if I have to change my monitor settings?

Peter

I resolved the screen issue by changing the display scale from 125% to 100% but now everything looks tiny and need reading glasses.

Peter

Yepā€¦ this is an issue with the way the last version was distributed. Iā€™ll clean it up shortly

No restart on safe again im afraid.
Unsafe at 01:36:31:899
Ascom safety monitor shutdown at 01:37:44:448 ?

log - sg_logfile_20190920193045

Ahh this may have been my fault, I had the Disconnect equipment at end of sequence box ticked. Does that make a differenc?

@martin_h

In theory, regardless of the state of that box, SGPro should not disconnect your gear because it knows you have ā€œrestart on safeā€ checked. There is a lot of stuff going on during shutdown an in places it is difficult to track certain statesā€¦ That said, I am almost 100% sure I have found everything that could cause this condition. It will be out in the next beta today. Donā€™t worry about having disconnect all equipment checked or not.

Ok, well I have loaded 249, and have disconnect at sequence end, and am running a series now, will report findings(if any)
Many thanks for all your work on this.

Mixed bag of results here. Unsafe detected at 23:09:51 and everything worked as it should, and indeed restarted soon after. another Unsafe was detected and , restart worked ok, but at 23:19:16:688 another Unsafe was detected and it shut down and disconnected everything!

Log - sg_logfile_20190921202043

@martin_h

Thx for the logsā€¦ It seems we are close hereā€¦ just down to some timing issues that we did not account forā€¦ Specifically that we allowed for cascading shutdowns to occur even when the original shutdown was still in progress. This occurs when your safety monitor goes from SAFE to UNSAFE to SAFE ā€¦ in a matter of seconds. I am still mystified that the safety monitor disconnected at anytime ever. Did you, by chance, ever toggle the ā€œrestart after unsafeā€ option?

Any, going to look at a few other thingsā€¦ will release a new beta that protects against this behavior.