Issue with PlateSolve2 and max search regions

Recently the max search regions for platesolve2 were increased from 999 to 3000. In my experience, no image has ever solved after 100. So I have set the search regions to 200 in my equipment profiles.

The problem is that this parameter doesn’t “stick” when creating a sequence based on that profile, or even when re-opening a saved sequence. Whenever I create a new sequence or open an existing sequence it always gets reset to the MAX search regions.

Unless I remember to change that parameter back to 200 search regions every time I open a sequence, if the plate solve fails it has to search through 3000 regions before going to the blind solve failover. That takes a very long time.

Is it possible to track down why the search region parameter doesn’t stick? I’m not sure a log would be helpful here, but let me know and I can post one.

I always use Max Search Regions and I changed the parameter to 200 in Equipment Profile Manager and saved it. Closed SGP, re-open SGP, created a new Sequence with Profile and the number “200” was there and therefore appeared to be “sticky”. I also saved the Sequence, closed SGP, re-opened SGP and opened the last saved Sequence and it was still “sticky”. Maybe you can give me step by step procedure how you reproduced it to see if I can. I have latest .17 version.

Peter

I just discovered that this “max regions” thing was only happening on older
sequences and with an older equipment profile. I typically have a sequence
that I just continually add and remove targets from. I rebuilt that
sequence and now the plate solve region setting stays saved at 200
regions. So I guess the problem was with an old sequence and old profile.

@joelshort @topboxman

That’s great that you found that, because I was not able to reproduce. That said, can you make a sequence that exhibits this behavior available? It should be pretty easy to fix, but I’m not sure what causes it.

Well shoot Ken. The good news is that I can’t get this behavior to happen
again either. The bad news is that I have no idea what changed and I have
since saved my sequences/profiles so I don’t have the old ones. I promise
I’m not making the old bad behavior up…