I found a similar issue this past weekend where the fallover, local Ansvr, failed. I have two cameras that I use, one is a ATIK 383L+ OSC and the other is ASI071. I always used the ASI071 in my observatory and the ATIK383 I use on my field setup. I never had an issue with plate solving using the ASI071 in my observatory nor with the ATIK383L in the field. With my observatory setup when slewing and centering, using SGPro, always solves using PlateSolve2 and never needed to fall over to the local Ansvr.
Additionally when I take my field equipment out using the ATIK383L I never had an issue with plate solving. Typically on the first Slew/centering I am not close enough and it always falls over to the local Ansvr and solves. After the first solve and from there on the PlateSolve2 picks ups and solves the rest since I am now close enough to the requested coordinates.
However, this weekend I decided to take the ASI017 camera with me for some fieldwork. As before the first Slew/centering was not close enough for PlateSove2 and it needed to fall over to the local Ansvr. However the local Ansvr failed and since I had no internet connection I was stuck. I did capture some images of different parts of the sky knowing that I’m going to need them for troubleshooting.
I came home and over the next couple of days I worked with those test images from the ASI071 camera. None of the images would solve with the local Ansvr but when I went on line they all solved using the remote Ansvr. I then used the RA and DEC information I obtained from the remote solver and plug those in to the plate solver and PlateSolve2 solved without any issues. I then did the same using the local Ansvr and it would not solve. I check the indexes and even installed additional indexes and still the local Ansvr would not solve those field images taken with the ASI071 camera. I verified that the local Ansvr was running by watching the log files
Next I took images that were obtained from my observatory using the ASI071 camera and all the images I tested solved with all three solvers; PlateSolve2, Local Ansvr and the remote Ansvr. The images I solved this way were from images scales of 0.35”/px and 1.40”/px. My field equipment uses a SCT-8 with an image scale of 0.45”/px.
At this point I am stumped. My next step is to take those field test images to see if my observatory PC will solve them with the Local Ansvr.
I’ll report back on what I find. I can’t believe this would be a SGPro issue and I wasn’t going to post anything but since @farzad_k found what appears to be the same issue, but with a different ASI camera, I thought I would post.
Sorry for being so long winded,