Momentary Loss of Guide Star and Recovery

First - Thanks for a great piece of software and all the recent work. The new quadratic focus routines work great!

Is is possible to add a dialog box (or some mechanism - maybe ignore guide star loss while Recovery is disabled?) that asks the user is they want to abort/recover if a guide star is lost (ignoring the guide star loss for this and maybe future sessions)?

I use PHD2 with an Paramount MX+/TSX basically as an overall check that my “unguided” imaging is working. If a guide star is lost, I’d like to ignore this condition, continue imaging and when the star returns, have PHD2 pick up where it left off so to speak. Yup, if significant clouds really do move in, I lose the benefits of recovery.

In the case of a momentary loss of the guide star, doing recovery just takes up a lot of time and it seems like i need to be present if this happens (to ignore the condition of the loss of the guide star).

On an older less capable mount that I have, I frequently lose the guide star after long focusing runs with NB filters. I typically use subframes in PHD2 (largest allowed) to get fast download times so I can apply rapid corrections to the mount (I don’t know if subframing is contributing to my problems). During focusing, the mount drifts and the guide star is lost. What I used to do was manually stop guiding, find a new star and then continue the session. Now it seems I have to wait for recovery to complete or manually start the sequence all over again.

Thanks again for SGP!

Best - Dan

@Apoplectic1

SGPro is pretty tolerant of guide star loss. In no case, should SGPro ever trigger a recovery for a momentary loss. You have to be pretty far away from the lock position to convince SGPro that the guide star is lost and likely not coming back. If you see a momentary loss, followed by a recovery, please let us know because it’s not supposed to happen (and logs too please).