Mount is parked or not tracking

Hello,

I am having a problem with this error message appearing midsequence. I know that this problem has been flagged up before in other threads however I cannot find a solution or workaround to the problem on the forum. I know other users are also searching for a solution.

It happened perhaps 5 times in a 4 hour sequence the other night. The mount is an Avalon Uno, which has no issues that I am aware of. Following each error message the mount was still tracking and guiding with PHD2. I’m running win10 on a MacBook using bootcamp. I have dither turned off in SGP.

When the error message appears the sequence is halted meaning I have to keep an eye on things constantly. Here is a link to the logfile:

One occurrence of the problem happened around 20:30.

SGP usually works great! It would be good to be able to have the option to tell SGP to ignore this information from the mount (if that is what is happening) so that the sequence is not halted.

Thanks very much

Chris

If it is Uno, I’m guessing this is the StarGo system. If the ASCOM driver is reporting it is parked or not tracking incorrectly, have you followed up with Avalon?

I hadn’t done because It seems other people have the same problem with different mounts - it doesn’t seem to be a manufacturer specific problem .

I also have the M Uno, sometimes StarGo will pop up with a failed message but the mount and SGP keep right on tracking. I haven’t had it happen enough to spot what is causing it. Maybe I had SGP to stop tracking and it caused the error. I’ve only seen it in the morning after a long session.
Tim

It is hard to decide what has happened without all the log files. I assume the StarGo system has a log file option? While SGP uses ASCOM commands, I have seen that some mounts get confused, for example, Paramount, getting two park commands in quick succession. I think it has something to do with synchronous and asynchronous commands.

Maybe this does not apply here but whenever there are sporadic problems I immediately think either ‘USB’ or ‘power supply’. :thinking: Maybe this could be caused by a short disconnect of the USB connection or a temporary voltage drop in the power supply?

Yes, usb is always a likely possible candidate.

So, an update on this problem is that the guy’s at Avalon emailed me and said that they had also experienced this error and so sent me a software fix that I ran last night with no problems. They said they are going to make this widely available on the Avalon website over the next few days…

What version number did they send you?
I just looked on the Avalon support site and didn’t see any new software listed.
Thanks,
Tim

Haven’t got the version number to hand , but if you contact them I’m sure they’ll send it to you