Near pier crash after failed meridian flip - no abort?

Typically I set an end time to the sequence and have the mount park itself which has worked without issue for quite some time. Well… last night I turned it on “auto meridian flip” and it failed, not only did it fail it kept tracking for an additional 90 minutes (the recovery time). Thankfully it was only a “near miss” but I’m very concerned about this feature and the safety of my equipment.

In reading the Sequence Recovery documentation (About Sequence Generator Pro) There are 2 separate places where it states the sequence will be aborted if the meridian is crossed (quoted below). I would assume it would park itself when failing. I want the sequence to recover if there is a momentary cloud, but I most definitely do not want to wake up to a pier crash. Is the documentation wrong? Did I set this up wrong? Did SGP not do what it was suppose to do?

As a final note, it is important to know that sequence recovery will also abort when the mount crosses the meridian (SGPro will do this for safety).

Note: The attempt to recover your sequence will end:
After 90 minutes have elapsed…
OR when the scope passes the meridian…
OR when the “end time” for this target is reached

Link to log file (last 2 hours of imaging/Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life
The “Checking if Meridian Flip is needed” starts at 2:58:823

Edit: I’m using an AP Mach1 if that’s useful at all. I don’t have APCC which they charge extra for to be able to use the mounts limit features.

Maybe just some better clarification is in order.

The “when the scope passes the meridian” is what’s in question here. Essentially for this to end recovery the mount needs to track through the meridian while it is in recovery. This would generally happen if recovery was triggered for some other reason other than a meridian flip. In your case the mount had already passed the meridian when recovery had started, and therefore would not have triggered the shut down.

But 90 minutes past the meridian SGP should have shut things down. If 90 minutes is too long for your system you may want to lower this in the Tools>>Options area.

Thanks,
Jared

@Jarad
Jarad - if SGP has automatic meridian flip set to say 20 minutes, is it the intention to carry out that instruction if SGP is in recovery mode prior to the flip point?

You must get out of recovery mode prior to any other automation happening. So no, if you’re in recovery mode SGP will not execute the flip when it comes to it. But if it tracks through the meridian while in recovery it will abort the sequence.

Thanks,
Jared