OpenWeatherMap

I am using 3.0.3.140. When I updated to this version my OpenWeatherMap functionality broke. Does anyone else have this issue? When I press the key I receive the following error message.

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{F6670AB1-FE72-44DB-BF35-418BEB8C2D9F} failed due to the
following error: 80131040 The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference, (Exceptions from HRESULT: 0x80131040).

I had not updated my version for at least a year and the environment was working before I updated.

I have searched the forum for quite some time and can’t seem to find any error like this one. Can someone please help. Also, when I try to use the OpenWeatherMap in the new ASCOM observing conditions, I get the same error message.

Please help?

Yep I have had the exact same problem this evening!

I have been using it without one failure ever since I started using SGP about 3 years ago.

You can’t even get into the settings as it keeps reporting the same error, I have even tried to create a new profile with the same error.

I’m using version 3.1.0.539

Open Weather Error|506x150

@Ken I know this is two years since last reported, can you advise as to how to fix? Many Thanks

@Jared Hi Jared, I did tag @Ken in but to no avail, have you got any ideas about this, I uninstalled SGP. cleaned the registry and then tried again to no avail, here’s a copy of my log file: -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WuZRCaAfN5Y79506UetYWWduHBFiYRab/view?usp=sharing

I’d appreciate your thoughts please.

Nothing was previously changed to cause it to stop, there had been no updates to the system which is running W10 Enterprise V2004

Many Thanks.

I took a look the other evening but was unable to duplicate. Have you attempted to reinstall the Open Weather Driver? Also can you send me a screenshot of what the Open Weather Profile looks like in the ASCOM Profile Explorer?

Mine for example:

Jared

1 Like

Also if you have a lot from the OpenWeatherMap driver that would be helpful. Should be under your Documents folder in ASCOM\Logs <DATE> if one was created.

Jared

1 Like

Thanks Jared for the reply, I’ll check that tomorrow and revert.
Much appreciate your help

Hi Jared,

Apologies for not replying earlier, this is the first clear night I have had since and the first opportunity to fire up the observatory.

I haven’t as such installed a driver for Openweather, I have just provided an API key.

I’ve captured the Ascom Profile: -

The error message still remains, I’ve zipped up all of the Openweather logs for July and August, the problem only started in August and I haven’t changed anything.

Here are the Openweather Log files: -

Thanks for your help and assistance.

Can you try and use the ASCOM Diagnostics tool and see if you can connect to this device through there? It’s sounding like the driver may be corrupt. I believe this is installed with the ASCOM Platform so you may need to attempt to repair ASCOM.

Jared

1 Like

Thanks Jared, indeed I will.

We have rain over here at the moment, but will try when I can get out to the observatory to run it up and try and I’ll advise,

Thanks once again.

Regards,

John

The OpenWeatherMap driver logs seems to show that everything is working from it’s perspective. Messages are read from the internet and being decoded and no errors are logged.
I think it’s one of my drivers and I would probably have logged an error if I could have trapped it.

One thing, what is reporting the error that was shown in the screen shot? It just says “Error” in the title which isn’t much of a clue.
The GUID is the OpenWeatherMap CLSID, could something be attempting to use it before it has been instantiated?

1 Like

Thanks Chris, Is there anything you want me to run to try and trap the error?

Don’t think so, the logs demonstrate that something is able to connect to the driver. You also seem to have set it up for your location and ID so no reason to suspect that the driver has a problem.

It might be worth contacting the ASCOM people, they released a new ASCOM version and while that should not have affected things you never know.

1 Like