Optec IFW2 not recognized by SGPro

I have an Optec IFW2 filter wheel installed with its drivers. It is recognized in MAXIMDL, and I can configure and connect with it. For some reason SGPro doesn’t recognize it. Any suggestions.

What do you mean by doesn’t recognize it? That you dont see it in the CFW selector or that you do, but cant connect?

It is not in the filter wheel selector pulldown menu.

Have you made sure to install the ASCOM driver for the CFW? If you have, please re-install it.

I have downloaded and installed the driver several times. I have rebooted the computer and shutdown and restarted SGPro. I also know the IFW is connected on a com port at the right baud rate. MaximDL recognizes the driver and allows me to select it, configure the wheel, connect and operate. I don’t think the driver is the problem. It is the latest version.

I just verified that I could also identify, select, connect with and operate the IFW in Nebulosity. The ASCOM driver is definitely working.

Are you, by chance, using the QSI version of SGPro?

No. I am using Sequence Generator version 3.0.3.140 as downloaded from the MainSequence site.

SGPro literally just dumps all the CFWs it finds into the chooser (the QSI version does not do this).

It sounds like you are not using a QSI camera, but whether or not you are using the QSI version is dependent on your license and not where SGPro was downloaded from.

Can you take a screenshot of the ASCOM Profile explorer after selecting your CFW. Hit the Windows key and type Profile. Click on Profile Explorer when it shows up.

That’s odd. I guess I don’t know… I’m out of ideas. Nothing looks wrong with the profile. You have a lot of filter wheel drivers installed… do any of those others show up? How about the CFW simulator… is that in the list?

All of the rest show up. The simulator is there. The SGPro pulldown does include a QSI Internal Filter Wheel that I never installed.

@FJW

I installed this driver to try it out and it does indeed show in the selector, but I noticed it has a very long name and might be difficult to spot. Do you see an entry like this?

In future versions, these drop down lists will be a bit wider.

That was the problem. I have a QHY ASCOM driver that also has a long name and I thought I was looking at two instances of that. Once you gave me that blinding flash of the obvious I was able to configure the IFW and connect. Thanks for the quick response.

I agree the dropdown needs to be a bit wider or have a means of showing the full name when you scroll over it.