PC controlled lightbox - turns brightness back to 0 at sequence start

Hi,

I have put together a simple DIY flat panel based on an LED screen. PWM is being used for for dimming - I have used this code (GitHub - jwellman80/ArduinoLightbox) with my Arduino Nano.

It seems to be working fine - I can turn it on/off and change brightness from withing SGP without any problems.

My problem starts when I am trying to run a sequence (to actually take Flats) or to run Flat Calibration Wizard. Each time, the panel’s brightness gets set to 0 (meaning the panel gets turned off) before exposure starts.

Interestingly, I can take single exposures (panel stays ON) using “Take One” button.

I suspect I might be doing something wrong, but I can’t figure out what. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it ?

I am not sure if it matters at all, but my panel operates on 5V. It’s drawing power from a separate power source (not from Arduino).

Thanks,

Marcin

do you have panel brightnesses set for each different filter?

i made exactly the same setup and it does seem to work right for me, most of the time.

rob

And that might be the key … setting up brightness for each filter. I must admit haven’t done that. Thanks a lot for bringing it up. I will give it a try and see if it works.

Marcin

great, yes hopefully that is the problem.

Hi,

Just for the record - it’s all working now. Thanks a lot.

Marcin

1 Like