Plate Solver without internet gives error message

I’m new to SGPro and having got acquisition under my belt, I’m now tacking plate solving.

I’ve downloaded ANSVR but when I try to Fetch (Framing & Mosaic Wizard) an image off-line, SGPro comes up with Error! with no message other than error with a red circle and an X inside.

When I use Framing & Mosaic Wizard, and Fetch on line, there’s no problem.
Under Equipment Profile Manager/Plate Solve, I’ve got Use blind solve failover and under Settings, I’ve selected ANSVR (Local Astrometry.NET).

Does anyone have any suggestions as out in the field, internet connections can be problematic?

Thanks!

The framing and mosaics wizard requires an Internet connection. Even with ANSVR you need an internet connection to grab the image.

Thanks
Jared

If you grab a MFW canvas prior to going into the field, SGPro will cache it and you can use it to great impromptu sequences with no internet connection.

A slight trick I do is load up a few while at home. This will cache the images so that you can use them out without internet. However most of the time I will already have my target prepared in advance.

In the odd chance I need something I haven’t prepared I will use sky safari on my phone to find the coordiantes and just make a target that way.

I also have Carte du Ciel as well.

Thanks Jared/Ken & Entilza,

Caching seems to be a easy trick to allow one to go out in the field prepared!

Great Forum and Clear Skies!

David