Platesolve 2 with 150mm lens

I’m doing a bit of wide field, with a SIGMA f2.8 150mm APO lens and a zwo asi1600mm-cooled camera, mounted on the top dovetail of my 12" RC Truss.

PlateSolve two was working great on the RC, but now it fails every time with the 150mm lens. 5.25 ArcSec per pixel. Blind solving works every-time, and so the camera settings in the control panel are getting properly populated.

What settings do I need to change to get Platesolve 2 to work and how do I manage those settings if I’m going back and forth between 150mm and >1000mm?

Thanks

I used a 45mm lens last year. The main thing was to use a small subframe for plateslving - otherwise there might be too many triangulations. And even then, it did fail from time to time.

Mark

When I was using a 135mm with an 8300 chip I had to use the local astrometry service. (No internet) Involves downloading and installing the needed indexes, but it was flawless.

Yeah I have it (ansvr) local as a blind solver. Was just trying to get Platsolve2 to work so would always have it and a backup.

I can futs with subframes, etc. tonight.

It would seem the only thing needed was to change the minimum star size from 2 pixels to 1.

I don’t see anyway to tell it to use a sub frame, but the way.

Good deal never thought of making the field smaller but I think it is the scale that’s the problem. Talked to Jared a couple of years ago at NEAF and he clued me in on the ansvr solution as being the only one they were aware of that would work.

Peter Sarnosky

Well I have the “settings don’t stick” problem.

My change lasted through center on target but when it came to meridian flip, it was gone. In fact, instead of a minimum star size of 2 pixels, which was what I initially saw, it had 3!

My setting change of 1 is still showing in control panel–> plate solve --> settings.

So somewhere there are different settings for meridian flip than other platesolves?