Platesolve2 failing

For some reason platesolve2 stopped working halfway through my imaging session. I went out for a focus check and noticed SGP ran the end of sequence options. I’m not really sure what ended the sequence but after trying to center on my target again platesolve2 was unable to solve my target which should have been very close already.

I’m now trying to load an image manually to see if I can get it to solve and when I click Open Image in platesolve2 nothing happens. The status area says something for a millisecond but it’s too fast to see what it is and then it goes back to ready.

So I can’t get platesolve2 to work in or out of the field. I did a fresh install of SGP and it didn’t help. I downloaded a platesolve2 standalone from planewave and it works perfectly. It allows me open image files and solve them instantly with the same default parameters.

Any ideas?

Platesolve2 works perfectly as well from the SGP directory. I don’t get why it won’t work from within SGP?

Note that SGP installs Platesolve2 version 2.29 at directory C:\Users\you…\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\

Run that version manually and see how it responds. Note that “you…” is your user name.

The version available from PlaneWave is version 2.28 which is identical except the decimal separator in the .apm file is adapted to the local setting of Windows.

It is probably something very simple. If your very desperate and run out of ideas you could try ASTAP as substitute.

I have the same problem with version 3 of sgp, it stops to works with message “Unable to plate solve”
my catalog APM and UC4xxx are not in the sgp’s installation directory