RBI mode with SBIG STX 16803

I have not yet asked… running low on time this week.

Tim got your last request for more info. He was waiting for one of there programs to get back to him.
There should be proper document of how to Call the RBI procedure. Let me know if you don’t hear anything in next day or two.

Max

I am going to have to learn English one of these days.:slight_smile: “their programmers”

Did SBIG send what we need. ? Tim was supported to get this for you.
I can call him again if has not been sent.

Max

@maxm

Nothing yet… I’ll hit Tim up again tomorrow.

Tim sent the documents to me this week. Ken you get a copy ?

Thanks

Max

@maxm

Yep… I have them now and I will try to get to that in short order.

Great
Thanks
Max

Haven’t forgotten about this. Will hopefully have some time near the end of the week to sit down and figure this out.

Thanks.

I will test it out when you do.

Max

Made good progress on this today… no working code yet, but I have completed all the work to port the native SBIG functions and data structures from C/C++ to C#. It should be pretty straight forward from here.

Thanks for the update Ken

I have this implemented and the SBIG driver seems OK with it… meaning all goes according to plan and no errors are reported from the SBIG driver. Unfortunately, the observed behavior is that it does not work. We do not have an SBIG camera capable of RBI preflush so we are using the simulator (STX-16803; firmware 2.26). It seems as though the RBI exposure frame does not happen (just the normal exposure occurs) even though the SBIG driver reports success when SGPro asks it to happen.

Right now I don’t know if the code is fine and RBI is non-functional on the sims or if it’s totally broken. I have sent a note to Tim.

Current interface:

If it would help you could remote in to my system.

Max

@maxm

Thanks. Unfortunately without a full debug environment, it is not super effective, BUT, if you’d like you are welcome to give it a go. It might work or it might not… it certainly won’t harm anything:

Hi Ken,

Sorry, It took me a while to test. I take everything offline during monsoon season due to lightning.

Anyhow, I am happy to report RBI is working fine.
The RBI flash/flush produces a very characteristic fixed noise pattern in the Dark frames.
I was able to turn the RBI on flash/flush mode on and off a couple times

I won’t be able to test it on the sky for a couple months until I resume imaging in the fall.
However, I have no doubt the feature has is now available for operation.

You might consider a wider test with next beta release.

Thanks

Max

Max