Ridiculously slow camera cooling? (QHY12)

Let me start by saying I have read the other “similar threads,” and that I have been using SGP for many months without encountering this before.

Last night my camera (QHY12) took a ridiculously long time to cool. I’ve tried setting the cool-down time to various amounts, but no matter what I set the power level climbs extremely slowly (1%, then 2%, maybe after 15 minutes up to 15%, eventually reaching 35% and target temp after more than 30 minutes).

I’m setting QHY12 to cool to -25 in 5 or 7 or 10 minutes in ambient temps of ~ 5 C at a mountain cabin.

I’ve never had this problem before. I tried cooling the camera in TheSkyX and in EZCap (comes with QHY cameras), and the power level climbed right up to cool the camera in a few minutes.

Checked in Control Panel, Equipment Profiles, etc, but perhaps there’s a setting I’m missing someplace? There is a “TEC Protection” checkbox in the ASCOM driver, which I’ve unchecked but no change in the behavior. Very frustrating!

Can somebody suggest a solution to this?

You don’t say what version of SGP you’re using but this should be resolved
in .24. If you find that’s not the case then we’ll need logs to
investigate.

Thanks,

Jared Wellman
– Co-Founder and Developer
www.mainsequencesoftware.com

Thanks, Jared! I’m still on 2.6.0.23. I see the .24 beta with the TEC cooling change. I’ll give it a shot!