Scop will not stay unpark if parked below horizon limit

In my ROR obsy I have to park the scope in a position which in Sitech is below my horizon limit. Due to the roof design I am slaved and set to open roof when unparking (roof open first). However, when selecting unpark in SGPro it does so, and Sitech shows as unparked, and the unpark button becomes park, but then SGPro, after 5 seconds or so, the button changes back to unpark, although Sitech still shows as being unparked. Pressing this again runs an unpark sequence.

If I take the scope away from its normal park position and set the park position higher, above the horizon limit, it works fine, and clicking unpark does just that, and the park box stays up. I can’t park in this position when the roof is opening and closing.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

I don’t have a log for this as I’m not running an imaging session, just testing it. All else works fine, and the Lesvedone driver is operating all the correct outputs etc.

This looks like a Sitech mount driver feature. There may be a Sitech log that will help and there is also the ASCOM DriverAccess log. This will show the commands sent to the driver and their replies.

To enable the DriverAccess log, start the ASCOM diagnostics and use the Trace menu to check “Driver Access Trace enabled”. The log files are in My documents/ASCOM/.

Brilliant thanks Chris much appreciated. I’ll take a look at that.