Select DSLR camera when running two instances of SGP

I nearly always image with a dual imaging setup. 95% of the time the two cameras are my Atik 383L+ and one of my two modded Canon DSLR cameras. Last night though I wanted to image with my two DSLR cameras and couldn’t figure out how to connect one instance of SGP to the T3i and a second instance of SGP to the XSi. Assuming I’m not just thick (big assumption) and the feature to select different Canon models is not available, I’m proposing this as a feature request. In Nebulosity if you have two Canon DSLRs connected it comes up with a message to that extent then offers you the choice to connect to either the T3i or the XSi. Could this capability be added to SGP? Or is there a work-around to do this (when I tried I kept getting camera errors when trying to connect the second DSLR)?
…Keith

I also have 2 Canon DSLRs, both 6Ds. SGP does not currently support having both connected. When I have both of them powered up and connected, I can’t use either one, the program gets confused. So I just use one or the other.

This has been addressed and will be out with the next release of sgp.

Thanks,
Jared

Although not sure what having identical cameras connected would look like. I think you’ll just get an option about 2 6ds I’ll have to revisit that portion.

Thanks,
Jared

Great! It will be a nice enhancement for multiple Canon users. Although for myself I am selling one of my 6Ds since I just got a QHY10 and will probably be putting the remaining 6D on a 200mm Canon lens for wide field stuff, so I won’t be able to test this much longer.
The Canon image capture software just listed the 2 with exactly the same name. I would hope that they would show up in a consistent order determined by the sequence they were powered up, so that you would know that the first one listed was always camera A and the second camera B. If the new release comes out when I still have both of them I will test it.

That’s great. It will be a nice enhancement to be able to connect my two Canon DSLR models. Re connecting 2 of the same model DSLRs, as long as you can power up one and connect it to one instance of SGP then power up the second and connect it, then that would work too.
…Keith

Great for the the release for 2 cameras. Now I have to use two PC’s.