SGPro 188.8.131.52 is a beta release. While we love that many of our users are eager to help us test, make sure you are a fairly knowledgeable SGPro user before hopping onto the beta track.
- More changes to new auto focus routine (stabilization)
- More improvements to the new auto focus routine
- SkySafari control now properly converts epoch to / from JNow
- Fixed an issue that could cause sequence image persistence (save) failure if the file naming components contained illegal file name characters. These characters are now auto detected and replaced with the “_” character (in the file name only).
- If the user chooses to associate SGPro with FITS files (this is not done automatically), double clicking a FITS file should now open SGPro and then automatically open that FITS file.
- Attempt to fix an error that could erroneously report that an image did not download in a timely manner.
- Added some code to try and prevent a very rare case in which sequence file saves might be incomplete.
- More changes for the new auto focus method
- Added a minimum star size (in pixels) slider. This can be adjusted using the slider below “Nebulosity Rejection”.
- The minimum star size is a “per-target” setting. You will likely want to have, for the same set of equipment, the same minimum star size (no guarantee here… just a rule of thumb). If this is true, we will find a way to work this into the equipment profiles later.
- Nebulosity Rejection is still disabled (not needed)
- General improvements on star detection technique
- Note: With this new method, you should not be dissuaded if it only selects a few stars from what looks like a field of eligible stars (the new routine, assuming proper minimum star size, is far more resistant to false star detection).
- AFPacks now take a screen shot of your AF graph automatically and save it with the FITS files that belong to that run.
- Fixed a bug that, when turning on the option to always finish calibration frames from the options dialog, might not actually allow this to happen.
- Major refactor for Auto focus ([See here for more details])