SGPro 184.108.40.206 is a beta release. While we love that many of our users are eager to help us test, make sure you are a fairly knowledgeable SGPro user before hopping onto the beta track.
- Syncless centering is now available for testing (Control Panel->Telescope tab->Sync Behavior; Set this to “Offset”)
- Fixed a bug that completely broke the SBIG guider
- Fixed a bug where API camera status no longer worked properly (affected PEMPro integration)
- Added API calls to enumerate, connect and disconnect devices to the public API
- Better error logging for epoch conversion errors
- Converting X,Y pixel locations to RA,DEC no longer allows values greater than 24 hrs (to be populated in the target’s location)
- Fixed a bug that would prevent end of sequence options from running when conditions are unsafe.
- The MFW can now populate the canvas location using the mount’s location (new menu option at top… Other->Fetch location from mount…)
- Better user feedback for mount park failures (more specific errors logged in the sequence alerts dialog box)
- For users that experience an issue with SGPro not starting, we are now providing a much better recovery for SGPro when its settings file becomes corrupted (cmd: "sequence generator.exe " /recover). With this method you are even far less likely to lose old settings.
- Better trace code around force cal frame capture after sequence failure (to find why it appears to not happen sometimes)
- Image history detail now places most recent images at the top of the list.
- PHD2 “stop” call is now more robust (added a retry mechanism that will probably help with weird timing issues and using onboard SBIG guide chips)
- When call to set the override filter fails, but the user has requested to use one, SGPro will automatically try and find the LUM filter in order to continue with the sequence.
- Implemented foundation for smart dither decision engine
- Added some watchdog timers for certain aspects of SBIG camera operation timeout
- Added API documentation link to the “Help” menu
- Added much better logging around API requests (probably temporary)
- Better logging for equipment disconnect (in general)
- Fixed a bug that would cause SGPro to crash when Nikon bulb exposure failed
- Fixed a bug that would cause SGPro to crash if a file in image history was renamed outside of SGPro
- Fixed a bug that could cause rotator movement to never finish if the requested angle (not PA) was 0
- Fixed a bug where end of sequence options might run twice when shutting down due to unsafe conditions.
- Fixed a bug where the second fame might not dither when it supposed to
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error in SBIG cameras when the driver was “opened” multiple times
- Fixed a bug that, for certain types of flat boxes, the flat box light would not turn off properly when the sequence was done with flat frames.
- Fixed a bug where some (probably most) old equipment profiles would not load correctly.
- Fixed an issue where some users could see erratic behavior with frame restarts when the telescope is on the east side of the pier.
- Experimental: New behavior for the “Auto adjust focus per filter” option. When taking “light” frames, you can expect this to work as it always has in the past… no change here. When taking “flat” frames and this option is on, SGPro will automatically attempt to set your focuser to a suitable focus position. If you just finished imaging, you are already there… if you are taking flats on a different night, SGPro will set the focuser to focus position nearest your current temperature. If it can’t find one, it will use the average focus position for that filter. If it can’t find that, it will do nothing. Nobody asked for this (I don’t think), but I wanted something like it so I added it in…
- Sync behavior: Added functionality to the telescope tab to define “sync behavior”. This also affects the process by which SGPro centers on a target. Choosing “Sync” will cause SGPro to function like it normally does. This is what you should continue to use for this beta. Choosing “Offset” will use a sort of “Syncless” centering algorithm and should be used with mounts that really don’t want external applications trying to sync the mount’s position. This option is complete, but has not been tested AT ALL. Use at your own risk… DO NOT USE THIS OPTION UNATTENDED!
- MFW Image Fetching: MFW now queries from the DSS2 survey first (better quality images), then if that fails will default to the original DSS survey (current survey in use by MFW).
- Dither Every N Frames: Added option to auto guider to dither every N frames.
- Settling distance: Changed this from a drop down menu to a numeric control.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where centering (and meridian flips) might hang SGPro and report that the camera has timed out.
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug where the auto centering validation step could fail on camera rotation if the primary solver failed.
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where SGPro could attempt to take an image without having sufficient time to finish before meridian flip.
- Misc: SGPro no longer performs a dither on the first frame (will still settle though)
- Misc: Added account management links to the help menu and registration dialog.