I was going to do an imaging session last night and happened to notice the beta was available so I switched to it.
I didn’t exercise much beyond autofocus, some image sequences, and plate solving and overall it worked well.
I think the autofocus worked better than before - and it appeared to do some sort of automatic range expansion I hadn’t seen before. It generated a good parabola the first time - and when I repeated it, it generated a perfectly centered parabola - which is ideal.
The only anomaly I noticed was in the filter wheel display - there is a round gray circle that has the name of the filter in it, just above the word, Set. The filter name there was sometimes blank and sometimes NA. I have a 9-filter Atik EFW2 and I think this all worked fine with 2.3. I tried re-entering the filter names and it didn’t help. Aside from that display problem I think it was switching filters properly but I can’t be absolutely sure.
I also tested the intrinsic SGP dithering functionality with MetaGuide and it appeared to work as intended - triggering a dither before each exposure. There are buttons to indicate high/med/low dither - and they have no use with MG so they should be grayed out.
In my case with OAG the guiding recovers quickly after a dither - so just triggering the dither seemed to work fine. I will see if I can make the delay timing work properly so that dither happens first - and then comes the inter-frame delay to let things settle.