SGP becomes unresponsive at times

Description

SGP was running normally. Seeing was so-so and transparency varied. I had done an autofocus run with my LUM filter which was successful. I had some rough filter offsets set in the Filter table. I switch to my Oiii filter and ran my sequence. I then wanted to switch to my Sii filter, but since the temperature dropped, I paused the sequence and tried to run an autofocus. That failed due to the seeing and transparency with my SCT (I expect this with a long focal length SCT). Next, I then took a short exposure in Frame and Focus. I then tried to manually move the focuser position to the previous Lum focus position and adjust by manually moving the focuser and then taking an image with the F&F panel. SGP then became very unresponsive with very long delays to become responsive to mouse clicks after the image was taken. I had to kill SGP and launch again. This unresponsive behavior occurred twice, so I attached three log files. This sluggish behavior has happened before. I do admit I was using the ZWO native camera driver so that I can set gain AND offset for each filter to match bias and dark libraries. Is the native driver to blame for some synchronous communication issue? I will switch to the ASCOM driver and try again the next time I am in the field.

Aprox time of issue: Look towards the end of the log files.

Link to Logs

Useful Info

Ver: 3.1.0.454
.NET: 4.8

Can you help narrow the logs down to a couple hours? Approximately what time did you observe this behavior?

Ken,

I do not recall at what times the issue started. It occurred approximately in the last 10 minutes of the first two log files as I quit SGP and restarted. When it started, I would take one image in F&F, it would download, then it would pause and show a busy circle and sometimes showed Working where the HFR is displayed on the image view.

Sorry I can’t pin it down more.

Mark W

Closing due to inactivity. If this is still an issue, please send the requested information and “uncheck” this thread as solved.

Thanks!