SGP finishes sequence early if auto guiding fails

I’ve got a hyperstar edge 8 with manual filter slider setup on SGP. I’ve configured SGP to treat the hyperstar’s filters as a manual filter wheel so whenever it tells me to put in a new filter, I get on my chair, peer over the edge 8, pull out the filter slider, put in a new one and press OK on SGP.

However, the act of pulling out the filter seems to create movement that can easily upset the PHD2 auto guiding already taking place in the background.

While pulling out the filter slider, I’m running a risk of disturbing the mount and auto guiding. If the auto guider gets a star lost low mass error, the entire sequence is unrecoverable and will not restart no matter what I do. If I restart I just get a “sequence completed” even though multiple items in the sequence haven’t been completed yet.

What would be ideal is if I could manually move the mount to a convenient position where I can remove the filter slider and then move it back to roughly where it is and let SGP plate solve my way back, that would be great.

However, the moment I move the mount, the star is lost and my entire sequence can’t be restarted.

How do I deal with SGP + auto guiding + filter sliders?

How do you do this configuration?

in SGP connections window, you can select Manual Filter Wheel instead of connecting to a filter wheel

Could you put a pause at end event for each event? That might stop guiding during the changeover?

Since your doing things manually why not just put PHD2 into ‘looping’ instead of guiding, change the filter, let it settle, then start the guiding again?

I have a C11 with Hyperstar and that is what I do. I pause the sequence, pause PHD, change the filter, and then restart PHD and the sequence.

If you are using plate solve you can always move the scope to where you can get it and then center it again on target and restart the process