SGP has stopped working for me

SPG hangs for me before it starts. it gets to the “Checking License Status …” of the startup screen. I then get a windows error that “SequenceGenerator has stopped working” with a “Close Program” button.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I get the same problem. Based on other threads, I also tried moving all my profiles out of the “C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Sequence Generator Pro” folder. But that also hasn’t changed the error.

I was changing the “End Point” setting for plate solving in the “Other Plate Solve Options” window when SPG crashed and caused this problem.

Any advice is appreciated.

SGP stops loading mid-startup
SGP v2.6.0.25 - Crashes when loading

I seems like maybe your settings are corrupted… You might need a complete reset of SGPro settings. Open a command prompt, navigate to the install directory, run:

Sequence Generator.exe /reset

Embarrassingly, I am having trouble trying your suggestion.

I run the cmd shell. Then I use the “cd” command to get to the install directory, which is “C:\Program Files (x86)\Sequence Generator” in my case. Then I run the following command:

start /wait “” “Sequence Generator.exe” /reset

Which runs SGP, but gives me the same error. I learned all this from Google in the past hour or so. I don’t know if the /reset parameter is running.

I use Excel for my day job. Any help is appreciated.

After some research, I think I am executing it correctly in the command prompt. But SGP still won’t run and errors out.

It is creating a log file, which I have attached.

Looks like you’re attempting to output images to a network path. Unfortunately this isn’t supported at the moment. You can likely make it work with a mapped drive…but it will generally be best to save them locally then move them later.

Thanks,
Jared

Thank you -

For others, I got it working by deleting the parent folder the where logs were stored. In my case the path was \users<my user name>\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator.

Once I deleted that folder, I was able to run SGP, Uninstall, & Reinstall. All my settings were deleted, so I copied my equipment profile (which I had previously saved to my desktop) back into the “C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator\Sequence Generator Pro” folder.

Thanks for the great program, and it should all be good now.

Probably self-inflicted, but a catastrophic error that took me several hours of troubleshooting to fix. After reading all the related posts, looks like there is a common theme of plate solving settings & using remote drives that causes a setting corruption that prevents SGP from loading.

Thanks for posting your solution.

www.mainsequencesoftware.com