SGP Keeps Disconnecting From DragonFly

I just purchased a DragonFly to control my RoR. I have it all configured with SGP but SGP keeps dropping the connection. I originally had the DF set up on WiFi and assumed the dropped connection was due to a bad WiFi signal. I now have it hard wired on a CAT6 cable and the result is the same. Any ideas on why this is happening? The log is attached.

sg_logfile_20181014164028.txt (20.5 KB)

Hi,

have you checked if the Dragonfly panel is also showing disconnected?
First thing to try is to change the local port in the configuration - I’m finding quite a few IP cameras using that 10000 port and forcing drops quite often. Setting it to 12221, for instance, fixes this.

I don’t think this is a SGPro issue, rather something specific to the Dragonfly communication.

1 Like

Thanks Jaime. The panel would show connected after SGP dropped it but I have noticed “network down” messages from time to time. I just changed the local port to 12221, so I leave the controller port at 10000?

Yes, the controller port at 10000 is ok. If the hardware is in good shape this change of local port should fix the issue. Please let me know!

It still disconnects. The “Main DragonFly Window” shows connected but the window with the relay and the sensors closes. I have to click the connect button in SGP to bring it back and after a few minutes it closes again.

Hm, weird.

Have you tried opening the program with the relays and sensors manually before launching SGPro? Doing so it will for sure not disappear, what remains to discover is why the network is going down.

“The “Main DragonFly Window” shows connected” … at all times?

[Equipment Connectivity Thread] SGPro thinks the observatory is connected, but it’s not, syncing UI…

This means that we asked the observatory if it was connected and it said “No” so it seems like something in the ASCOM driver or elsewhere may need some tweaking. Sounds like @jaime is on the case though! Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks,
Jared

1 Like

[quote=“jaime, post:6, topic:8742”]
Have you tried opening the program with the relays and sensors manually before launching SGPro? Doing so it will for sure not disappear, what remains to discover is why the network is going down.[/quote]

Yes, if I open the window first it stays open and connected to the network but not SGP.

Yes, that seems to be the case. The network down issues may have been related to the Wifi. I have not seen that message since I hard wired it.

The dome driver just replicates the network connection status. So it seems there’s a disconnection, SGP detects and disconnects, but the Dragonfly software retries and connects again.
Looks like that. First step would be to confirm.
Could you please contact me off-list? I believe we already exchanged some emails but just in case: jaime@lunatico.es
Thanks

E-mail sent.

Thanks,
Scott