SGP Settings for Atik 16200

I received the new Atik 16200 about 6 weeks ago and I have set up in SGP. However, there are a few settings that I am not sure about and thought I would ask here to see if anyone else has the same or similar camera that could help me out.

The first setting I am not sure about are the “Gain (Value and e-/ADU)”. The camera specs indicate a Gain Factor: 0.6e-/ ADU. So I took 0.6 as the 1x1 Gain value to use in SGP. The specs don’t specify what this values is for the different Binning modes. Do I just use 0.6 for all the binning modes or do I divide 0.6 by the binning mode, i.e. 0.6/2 for 2x2, 0.6/3 for 3x3, etc?

The next setting that I am not sure about is the “Use High Speed Download”. I also see in the Camera’s ASCOM settings when you add the Camera to SGP there is an option to use “High Priority Download”. I am not sure exactly what these options do and if one or both options should be checked.

Finally, when I installed the Atik Core Software, it also installs the Atik 16200 Column Repair Tool. There are no instructions that I could find for this tool, so I assumed you just identify what column is bright and enter that column number in the Bad Columns Box and then click on Set Columns. I have specified the bright column that I have on my sensor, and it did remove the bad column from the image I took in the Repair Tool. However, when I go into SGP and take a Bias image I still see the bright column even thought I selected “Column Correction” in the Camera ASCOM settings. Does anyone know if the column correction works with SGP? I know that Darks should remove this column as well, but it would be nice if it didn’t show up at all.

Many thanks for the help.

Andrew J

I have the Moravian version of the camera.
The gain is non-adjustable so the gain will remain constant across binning
levels. I believe the adjustable gain idea is mostly for CMOS cameras.
I have “Use high speed download” enabled in the control panel. I don’t
actually know if it makes a difference for frame and focus images, but SGP
always downloads actual event images in the low speed download mode
regardless of if this option is enabled or not.

I do not know anything about the Atik column repair tool, but in my
Moravian camera there are 2-3 bad columns that disappear with cooling. Are
you sure you need the Atik repair tool at all?

Hi Joel.

Thank you for sharing your settings that you use for the 16200 sensor. I will do the same thing and use the 0.6 gain for all binning modes and turn on the High Speed download.

Unfortunately I still see 1 bright column in my -15C cooled Bias. I guess I will just rely on Darks or Cosmetic Correction in PI to remove it. I was just curious if anyone else had any luck getting the output from the column repair tool to work with SGP. I doubt it would as the correction would have to be stored in the camera in order for SGP to use it. I suspect it is just a utility that only works with the Atik Artemis imaging software that comes with the camera.

Thanks Again.

Andrew J