SGP will not open at all

You are correct. I respond to so many tech requests that it is just a reflex at this point. Please send to support@mainsequencesoftware.com

@shpellet

Looks like part of your ASCOM install is busted (specifically parts of ASCOM that deal with ephemeris calculations). Try uninstalling ASCOM and then re-installing ASCOM 6.4 SP1. The uninstall part may not be necessary, but I am not sure (sometimes installers skip things if they detect a version of the software is already installed).

1 Like

The ASCOM driver was uninstalled and re-installed. That fixed he problem. Thanks
SP

I had this issue tonight where SGPro suddenly didn’t want to start, and the only change was upgrading the ASCOM platform from 6.3 to 6.4 SP1. So I did the “Repair” option on uninstalling the ASCOM platform, and that worked! SGPro opens once again.

This really helped me.
SGP wouldn’t start, so read I may need to install ASCOM drivers.
Tha fixed the problem and now SGP works just fine.
Thanks.
Regards from Mexico.

Hi, I have a similar problem where I tried to upgrade to the latest version of SGP V2 and it won’t open at all. I tried using the command prompt to reset the exe file as described in this message chain but I just get an invalid command error. I updated to the latest version of ASCOM but SGP still won’t open. Thanks!

You may want to try resetting the SGP directories:

Thank you,
Jared

Thanks Jared. I ended up upgrading to V3 and that worked.