SGP with Gemini 1 controller

Hello, this is my first time on this forum.
I am interested in SGP, but don’t know if it will work with my mount controller.
I have a Mountain Instruments MI-250 with the Gemini 1 controller.
I will be using a Windows laptop with a proper USB/Serial cable.
Will i be able to use SPG for my setup?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Fivel

I’m pretty sure from what i remember with the MI-250 - if you can control it with an Ascom driver (and you could use the gemini ascom driver from memory) then you can use it in SGP. Alternately - i think you can upgrade the mount to the Gemini II controller which will also work.,

Download a demo version to verify - but if you can get it to work with the Losmandy Gemini Drivers ( just a matter of changing the drive directions and ratios i think) - then it should work ok.

Jamie

Hello Jamie, thanks for the info.
I am not clear though about the statement "(and you could use the gemini ascom driver from memory)” and what you mean.
Jared, from MSS software, told me he used the ASCOM driver and SGP to communicate with the Gemini 1 controller.
That all sounds great.
I hope to soon use SGP with my mount/controller.

Fred

Fivel,

i just meant that you should be able to get it to work. I had a MI250 with gemini 1 at some stage a while ago (before i had SGP) but remember being able to control it from ASCOM, which should be all you need.

Jamie

Jamie, thanks for the clarification. It looks like I have a few options for control.
Now I hope someone on the Gemini sites can tell me if there is a replacement for the defunct Gemini Control Center (GCC) app that Dr. Goerlich previously had sold. It made using the Gemini handset unnecessary for all the initial setup.
Once all the necessary data is entered, then I can control the mount for GOTOs and imaging.

Be well.

Fivel