Slew to or center on target without meridian flip?

Hi SGP developers,

Is it possible in the future release, allowing the user to decide and select a meridian flip when slew to or center on a target just pass the meridian?

e.g. the system detects there is a flip required for slew to the target, the pop up box can show 3 choices to the user: 1. Go ahead the flip (default), 2. Cancel, 3. Slew to the target without the flip

I am using Takahashi Temma mount which can image across meridian for 1-2 hours. This feature can help to reduce the overhead time in the field when I am quite sure there is no physical constraint in the setup for the next hours, mainly for mobile setup where time is important to us and I am not doing unattended whole night imaging compare with a remote robotic setup.

Thank you for your consideration.

David

@Subaru

Probably not… there are a couple problems with this:

• SGPro is designed for automated imaging. Adding mid-sequence user choices has never been very high on the priority list.
  • The bigger problem is that, for half the mounts, we can’t control if a slew or flip is executed… SGPor just issues the command and the mount driver decides what happens.

Thanks for the idea though… we do enjoy user feedback.

1 Like

Hi Ken,

Thank you, and now I understand more the constraint in the second point.

David