SQPro wont start!

Need some help please. really dont know what else to try

ISSUE: I try and start SQPro and it fails to open. I get a few seconds of a spinning circle and then nothing.
Operating: Windowns 10 Home with latest software udates
Ver: 2.6.0.24

No error messages, nothing

As it is winter here, it has been 2 months since I last ran SGPro… and I had absolutely no issues with any of the functionality. Happily loading, plate solving, coms with cameras etc

I feel that Windows has updated itself, and I have since uploaded latest SGpro 2.6.0.24 and last night whilst I was trying to undertake a session, the software would open, however communications with ZWO 1600mm camera was very dodgy and was locking up the software. So I gave up at about 10pm trying to resolve. This morning, while trying to work out why the camera would not work… I can not even get SGPro to initialise any longer.

Should I try uninstall? Should I revert of older version? I will give both ago but would appreciate any other ideas to get it going. PS I hate windows.

Many thanks…please let me know what other information might be needed

Try a re-install.

If that doesn’t work maybe a system restore point.

HI, I have uninstalled .024 and reinstalled. It failed to work
I have uninstalled and reinstalled 0.23 and it loads fine.

Guess i wont be using 0.24 unless there are any other suggestions?

I had the same problem and used the same solution…back to “.23”.

Did you try running as Admin?

Ok - well after getting it running with 0.23… I suffered hours of other issues with ASCOM drivers not behaving.
So I decided to cut my hours of losses and reformat the PC after trying ever combination of reinstalling ASCOM platform, etc etc etc

Just now finished reinstalling everything from PHD2, all the Planewave catalogues, and 0.24!!
Software starts up nicely, the ASCOM drivers are talking to my moonlite focuser again, my EFW, camera and guider are doing what its supposed to do and so far… … big call to wipe it all… given I took with it Sharpcap, nebulosity, PIPP and several other planetary bits and pieces… but happy days. Thanks for the suggestions but a good cleansing seems to make life right again.

Wow good grief! and I thought my little snafu with PECTools was bad!

Glad you got it back up to snuff.

You performed what I refer to as the digital enema :joy:

I had the same issue. I posted about it here: SGP won't start after Windows crash, even after reinstall, /restore, /reset, and clearing appdata - Sequence Generator - Main Sequence Software

I reverted back to 2.6.0.23 as per Robert’s recommendation above, and works fine now.

Must admit I haven’t gone back and tried Ken’s suggestion at the bottom of my post, as that was made after I’d already reverted and I was packing up to leave for Queensland Astrofest and didn’t want to muck around breaking anything else at last minute.

Ken’s suggestion was:

The issue is with corrupted settings files. You can target the bad files here:

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\Main_Sequence_Software

In it, you will find several folders like:

Sequence_Generator.exe_Url_fvkdwv3rbytwpf0vbwt4umuweqww2tnz

You have 2 options:

Remove all these folders. That will fix the issue where 24 does not load, but also remove ALL of your settings.
The better option, click through the folders, one at a time, until you find the one with the subdirectory “2.6.0.24”, then delete the entire parent folder (the one with the long name). This will save all your settings from 23 and transfer them back to 24.