Still won't open

Oh dear, After going through quite a few of threads on this topic it still won’t start up. I keep getting a message, “Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit the application will close immediately. Unable to open ephemeris file c:\Program Files (86)\Common Files\Ascom\Astrometry\JPLOPH.RC:1.” Tried clicking continue and it just disappears, same as clicking quit. I’ve done turning off then turning back on, then tried the Windows command prompt, also tried uninstalling and reinstalling then finally doing the Ken and Smokey Joe thing about deleting the file in the main sequence softwear folder as suggested in the latest thread. It did sort of start, I managed to pull up the equipment profile tool fine, then tried the framing and mosaic wizard and it all disappeared again and that horrible message came back. Spookily, the file that I deleted has come back.
Any ideas, and last night was the first clear night for ages,
Kind regards,
Phil

This is a different error. SGPro attempts to load some ASCOM Astrometry tools on start and it’s failing. I usually don’t recommend doing this because it rarely helps… but in this case, you might try to completely uninstall and reinstall ASCOM.

Ok, thanks Ken, I may just do that. Just as an aside, I’ve downloaded SGpro onto another laptop in case nothing can be done. It’s fine but it’s the trial version. Is there any way to get the full version on that laptop without having to pay again. Cheeky I know but worth an ask!!!

Not cheeky at all… every license is permitted 3 installs on personal machines. You can manage those install licenses and decide what works best for you:

http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/Management.html

And it works!!! Was about to uninstall Ascom when it came up with suggestions, one of which was “repair Ascom”, so I did, and it seems to have fixed it. Let’s hope it lasts ok.
Thanks again Ken
Kind regards,
Phil