Temperature Compensation Training - SGP handling

Hi,

A while back, in the New Features for SGP thread I asked if the Temp. Comp. training could have the MODAL property removed from it and seems like you guys removed that… So thanks! But it didn’t help get me closer to what I was actually wanting to be able to do with it: running Temp. Comp. training WHILE running a sequence.

I know MSS stands on the side of not adjusting focus while integrating, and that you guys had bigger priorities than to write real time temp comp code and decided not to reinvent the wheel, opting rather to leave it with the ascom driver or external applications (focus lock, skss). Makes sense to me.

But since the temperature compensation trainer is simply collecting data to calculate the difference in steps, rather than doing any focusing, can we have the ability to run this during a sequence?

2 Likes

Bump - can this be made possible?

Hi,

You could maybe test the new version of the SGP AutoFocus Logviewer. I included a feature to estimate the temperature coefficient using the autofocus positions as a function of temperature data that is hidden in the SGP log files. Please see the discussion thread here:

Mikael