Trouble conectinf Sbig gear

Hi guys, I have just received a new camera. SBIG STT-8300 with the standard FW8 filterwheel, AND self guiding filter wheel cover which I haven’t attached yet.

In CCDOps everything works fine. In SGP I can connect the camera under “sbig camera” and filterwheel under “sbig filterwheel” in the settings I choose “fw8-8300”

I can take an image with the camera but that’s about as far as I can get!

I am not able to select any filters, it just says “none” although it seems to sync with whatever filter I used last in CCDOps. i.e if I had Red selected in CCDOps, SGP will say that the current filter is Red.

I also have no control over temperature. The cooler comes on but the temperature only drops by a few degrees over a VERY long time. In CCDOps it’s almost instantaneous. I am also unable to tick the cooler “on” or “off” option, and the “set” options in the camera control panel…

Any ideas!?

Erik

i can’t show you screenshots right now because i am imaging right now with SGP, but in the morning i can show you how i have it set up. i have an STT-8300M + FW8G but the setup should be the same for you even without the self-guiding filter wheel cover.

rob

Hi rob thanks for the reply. You know it’s weird haha. It works fine now! I
had a break from it and came back to it, but I used CFW 10 instead and it
all works! The only thing which bugs me is that every time I reconnect I
have to specify the filter order again and again. Is there like a profile I
can create to avoid this?

Erik

hm, yeah, there are definitely equipment profiles. you shouldnt have to be inputting the filter names over and over again.

have you read this: http://mainsequencesoftware.com/content/SGP-The%20First%20Week.pdf

rob

Three of us have the same equipment. Now I’m sharing my settings.

PHD2. First of all, you should install SGP API 1.3.