Uninstall sgpro and reinstall

Hi guys, Is there a programme that will unnstall sgpro completly including registry keys etc? My computer broke last summer and i was ill advised (told to buy exactly the same computer and swop motherboards over), ever since then sgpro constantly freezes when taking a frame, i cnt update sgpro as it comes up as error, and the freezing drives me up the wall, I cant think of anything else I can do and someone said even though i uninstall it will still leave registry keys? or something like that, so i was wondering is there a programme out there that will do it . cheers
Lisa

Hello,

Guidance on uninstalling and re-installing is below, but we can almost guarantee that doing this will have no noticeable effect. If you are experiencing hangs or lockup, it is almost certainly caused by a hardware issue (USB bus (on the motherboard), USB ports, USB hub, etc) or a driver issue. Step 1 is to ensure that your camera’s native and ASCOM drivers are up to date. If they are and the issue persists, step 2 is to send us logs showing the issue so that we can attempt to extract more information as to why that is happening.

SGPro does not use the Windows registry. To completely uninstall, just uninstall it as per the normal way and then delete this folder: C:\Users[your user name]]\AppData\Local\SequenceGenerator

Information about logs is here: How to Submit Logs in SGPro - SGPro Support - Main Sequence Software

Support requests go in this category #sequence-generator:sgpro-support

thx ken, I will try that route then but really dont like messing with ascom drivers etc (I know they are up to date). I did send logs not so long back but you couldnt find anything. usb ports, bus etc how do i find out if they working properly, the thing is my zwo camera works in other programmes (sharpcap, fire capture) and I dont change any of the leads as its a permanent setup, also something must be conflicting surely as I cant see why I cant update sgpro, (object reference not set to an instance reference) whatever thats supposed to mean

Well no idea what I have done (trying to register the machine and getting “no padding removal” or something like that, (why it cant say in plain english god knows) another classic is when you trying to update “error occured no instance found of instance” I mean who the hell comes up with these phrases??, I have now gone from having sgpro to having what seems like a trial version no profile nothing, FUMING

The “no padding” is a windows error being raised because you’re missing the required security libraries. Please install the latest .net framework for your system. This can be downloaded below or you can run windows update to get it as well.

If you get it via the link I’d also recommend running windows update as it seems your operating system may be quite out of date if this is missing.

Thank you,
Jared

I will try now thx,

Well its not that as my computer was updated this afternoon and with the net framework I downloaded it and tried to install it but says "wont install as you already have the latest version 4.8)

Has it been rebooted since the updates/framework installed? What version of windows? Missing the required framework is the only thing that I’ve ever seen cause that error.

Thanks
Jared

No it hadnt been rebooted wins 10 (I hate it just cant get my head around it), I have managed to get sgpro back by system restore (went back to jan 1st though I have lost sharpcap for the time being lol). System restore has just completed and rebooted and i have it again now, first thing I done was grab the snipping tool and took a lot of shots of sgpro camera settings plate solve etc least I will have them safe if it occurs again