V2.6.0.12 pause is frequently grayed out

I have been using the latest betas as they come up and this bug showed up a couple of releases ago.
It is intermittent and I can’t see anything in the debug log that atleast to me signifies an error.

John

Yes, I have a similar issue with V2.6.0.11. When the “Pause Sequence” is grayed out, I have no way of pausing or stopping the sequence. I cannot say what triggers it. I thought it was something I was doing since no one else was talking about it so I was just living with it, and hoping I never needed to stop the sequence. I guess if I needed to stop the sequence I would need to do the old “Cntl-Alt-Del” and stop it via the task manager.

Let me know if logs would be helpful and I can upload this weekend’s log file.

Mark

Logs probably won’t help here, just a solid recollection of the actions that precede this happening. I cannot figure out how to make it happen.

Hi Ken,

I don’t know exactly what triggers it. As far as I can recall, this has never happen with previous versions, prior to 2.6.0.11. The next time I’m up and running I’ll try to take notes on what I am/was doing when the pause button goes gray.

Thanks for the quick response. SGP is a GREAT piece of software!

Regards,
Mark

I was looking at the logs the last couple of times it happened to me and nothing really stood out.
What does stand out is this wierd plate solve at the beginning of a new sequence, before the telescope (CEM60) even does an initial slew.
The plate solve always fails (platesolve2) and the routine goes into blind solve.
It seems that concurrent with the blind solve, a dialog appears that if I check a check box and then dismiss it, I am able to keep going and the slew and center routines start. If I leave the checkbox unchecked, supposedly the sequence aborts. Haven’t done that.

But I have noticed twice, including with the final release that was put out today, that after this sequence of events, the pause sequence button stays grayed out.

John

Just a question, I’m wondering if this Grayed out resume button issue might have anything to do with the large memory feature being turned off? apparently this memory issue has been causing other issues for people so I’m wondering if the two might be related? My camera is a ZWO ASI071, 16Mb and like JohnB mentioned, the grayed out pause button seems to occur very early on when the sequence is starting. I think the Pause button turns gray during or right after plate solve. Although my plate solve seems to be working and I didn’t notices it going to the blind solver or doing anything odd.

Mark

I am on v13 release and still get the grayed out button.

John

The failure of PS2 could be because you haven’t set the filter for platesolve. Mine was set to none and I was trying to platesolve with an Ha filter. Lost an hour or so before I figured it out and set it to LUM.

LOL, thanks but I have always had that set.
I was reading some other earlier posts and next time I image I am going to clear my mount’s model in the handheld.
That seems to cause errors with plate solving not working on CEM60 mounts.

John

This “weird” plate solve is because SGPro has noticed there has been no attempt to sync your mount with the position in the sky.

Likely because your mount’s reported position is not close enough to the sky position (the location hints are not close enough) and the blind solver takes over.

It’s possible, but highly unlikely.

Thanks for the feedback regarding the initial plate solve.
Sorry, but I am a little bit confused.
So, I turn on my mount, do a polar alignment with QHY’s PoleMaster, and then set zero position on the mount which is pointing to the pole.

When I would direct SGP to run the sequence in the past, it used to do an initial slew and then the center target and plate solve routine. Usually that worked without a hitch.

But, now it does a plate solve even before the mount slews, fails to solve that and gives me the dialog box that basically stops all automation.
At this point in time if I look at the Ioptron Commander’s read out for RA and DEC they are correctly saying that I am pointing to the pole. So the mount seems to know where it is.

I have been at this for only about a year, and there is an awful lot that I don’t know. If I am doing something wrong please explain what I am missing here.

Hopefully my tone is not coming across as hostile or unappreciative. I love this application and think that overall you guys have made a great program.

John

Hi,
I just downloaded the new release with the fix for the memory addressing, release 14.
I went thru the same procedure as outlined in the previous post twice and both times everything worked perfectly.
The initial plate solve when pointing at the pole, was skipped and it went right into the slew and then the center.
It is cloudy here, so I couldn’t get a plate solve.

Did the new release fix it? I don’t know.
Will try again tomorrow if there is a break in the clouds.
The pause button was not grayed out either.
Which is the first time in about 4 or 5 days.

John

We have, long ago, learned not to infer tone from type. No worries here.

I’m not sure we ever got to a point where we were talking about the same thing. There were no fixes addressed in this area though.

OK. Kind of a bummer. We are not fans of issues disappearing without intent.